The left-wing is crazy and the right-wing scares the shit out of me!

Allan's Perspective is NOT recommended for the politically correct, or the overly religious. Some people have opinions. Some people have convictions......... What we offer is PERSPECTIVE!




Saturday 1 September 2012

Nostalgia is expensive! | BlogsCanada.ca


imagesCA13TLON

Share

I remember the very first car I had ………., it was a piece of crap, ten year old Volkswagen beetle that was somehow distantly related to “Herbie the Love Bug.”
Cars were everything to us guys back in the sixties and we were all proud of whatever it was that we drove.
Much like my friend Wayne did, when he bought his 1963 Impala SS convertible!
Or Glenn, when he got his hot-rod!
While they were driving around in these kool cars, ‘yours truly’ was tooling around town in  that old beat up beetle and I was always jealous of them …………, so I made up my mind to get  a nice car of my own one day.
A few years later, (1972) I finally bought a 1967 pale green mustang with a 289 V8, mag wheels and a black vinyl roof.
(This was without a doubt the best car I have ever owned, and God, I loved that car like no other.)
I bought the car in the spring, and over the course of the summer racked up enough tickets that by labour day weekend I got my drivers license yanked.
Yes boys and girls, your ever suffering author was about to be walking for three months, instead of being ‘Joe Kool’ in his mustang!!
To add insult to injury my father said that since I owed him (and some other people)  a bunch of money, and I couldn’t use my car anyway,  he was going to sell my beautiful mustang to get me out of debt.
This he did …………….., and I have regretted it ever since.
So!  A few weeks ago, for the fortieth anniversary of losing my pride and joy, I decided I was going to go out and buy another one.
Wouldn’t ya know that after a bit of searching I found the exact double of my old car down in Port Stanley and I eagerly phoned the guy to see how much he wanted for it!
Can ya image my shock and horror when I found out that it would now cost me over ten times what I paid for the original back in “72!”
“Shit!”
Oh, I’m not saying that I’m not going to get it folks …………………., it’s just that, first of all, l have to think about how I’m going to explain it to The Mrs. Herself!
Nostalgia is expensive! | BlogsCanada.ca

No comments: