I’m conflicted!
As many of you know I vote Conservative here in Canada and lean towards the Democrats in the States because, frankly, the far right of the Republican Party scares the hell out of me!
As a result I have had to listen to “The Mrs. Herself” as she tries to educate me on the folly of Obama, and the wisdom of Romney over the past few months. (Did I mention that she is even more Conservative than I am?)
I was holding my own for the past few months until this article by Salim Mansur, a local professor at U.W.O., came out.
Now, thanks to him, I will never hear the end of my misguided political leanings.
I’m not going to get into a defence of the tanned one at this time folks, nor will I make you suffer a long diatribe about Romney, except to say that Professor Mansur makes a good argument for his guy.
Even if he is wrong!
In the lead-up to the 2010 election, an increasing number of Americans began to slowly recognize that Obama was not the same individual they voted for in 2008. He appeared to be ideologically rigid, fiscally imprudent, bent upon spending as he recklessly added to the national debt already perilously high, and as a man of the left disdainful of his opponents.The 2010 election was a referendum on the Obama administration’s inept handling of the economy. Yet Obama remained heedless of the Republican majority in the House, failed repeatedly to submit the annual budget or negotiate any compromise on spending. The economy continued to suffer, jobs vanished, unemployment figures remained unacceptably high, and the recovery has been anemic
A significant number of Americans fell for candidate Obama in 2008, seduced by his charm and his slogans of hope and change.
But by 2010, as the mid-term election results showed, enough Americans realized their own responsibility in being misled.
Then came the October surprise in September as Americans watched the Obama administration engage in lies and deceptions in informing them about the deaths of four Americans, including the ambassador, in Benghazi, Libya, at the hands of al-Qaida-affiliated terrorists.
Thomas Sowell, the highly respected conservative economist and American of colour at the Hoover Institute, Stanford University, wrote recently, “The full story of what happened in Libya, down to the last detail, may never be known. But, as someone once said, you don’t need to eat a whole egg to know that it is rotten.”
This sense of wrong surrounding the administration, and its failed attempt to depict Romney as a heartless plutocrat, not surprisingly might make Obama a one-term president.
salim.mansur@sunmedia.ca
http://www.lfpress.com/2012/10/26/obamas-wild-spending-spells-victory-for-romney.
Yes, yes, Salim makes a good argument, but like I said before, the Far Right of the Republican Party scares the hell out of me!
Your ‘moderate’ reporter
Allan W Janssen