I wrote about this yesterday, but apparently the message didn’t get through because I have to repeat it today!
First of all the original story:
A CBC News story about the video of a racially charged skit leaked from a military dinner has generated mixed public reaction, with more than 800 comments posted online.
The video includes a man in brown makeup and wearing a turban, pretending to be Osama bin Laden’s brother.
In the website’s comments section, many people say they don’t find the video offensive, calling it similar to what they might see on a satirical television show such as CBC’s This Hour Has 22 Minutes starring Shaun Majumder.
“This could have easily been done by CBC’s This Hour Has 22 Minutes,” posted WR_R067, “and I’ve seen similar skits on the CBC. Shame on anyone who would charge these soldiers for having fun. The skit is not the embarrassment, the investigation is.”
Others said the video was in poor taste.
“I’m pretty positive if anyone of you was of this visible minority group, you’d be offended,” posted Michael_Langan.
Now, here’s the rub……!
I can’t find the video anywhere. It’s certainly not on the CBC story, and nowhere else I can see, so we have to take the left wing saps word for it that it is offensive.
As Steve Martin would say ……………….. “Well EXCUSE me!”
Listen folks, I don’t like someone else telling me what is offensive, and what isn’t. Especially when it’s that great bastion of political correctness, the CBC!
Let me see the video and judge for myself.
(This is a common failing of the left wing, they are no better than the self-righteous religious types, who think they have a right to tell the rest of us what is what!!!!!!!!)
Here is an example of the CBC slant on the whole thing. (Sorry about using the word slant, now the bleeding hearts might think I’m talking about Asians.)