Since it is Sunday, I thought I would touch upon a few spiritual matters today!

The first was partially addressed in the last article, and that is the question of why otherwise smart people are so dumb as to believe in magic and miracles when it comes to religion.

The answer, of course, is that I don’t have a clue.
Just the same as I don’t know who, or what, God is ……………………., just what God IS NOT! (Described in my Book’ “A Brief History of Western Religion”)

The other question, and doubt, I have is the state of science, and especially physics and quantum mechanics over the last several decades.

(Folks, there is something wrong with the basic science we practice today, because we have complicated scientific theory to the point that it is almost nonsensical! First there were atoms, and they were made up of a nucleus of protons  and neutrons with electrons flying around them, just like little Solar Systems. Then it got refined even further with quarks and charm and bla, bla, bla, until we got down to  quantum theory and strings, etc. etc.)

SO!

This got to the point where some smart guy said; “Hey, it looks like the Universe is FINE TUNED FOR LIFE!” And all the other smart guys said; “Since there is no God, it must be pure chance that this particular Universe has those qualities (fine tuned for life) and that must mean that  there are millions and BILLIONS of other Universes…………….., and we are just lucky enough to be in the right one! AND ON TOP OF THAT, THE UNIVERSE IS NOTHING BUT A HOLOGRAM ANYWAY!

With me so far?

Well let me tell ya something kids, there is something rotten in Denmark, as the old saying goes.

It’s just a gut feeling of mine, since I’m not a scientist, but I think this whole physics thing has gotten out of hand. The more complicated we think it is, the more complicated it seems to become, and I don’t know whether the thinking or the doing is responsible.

But I do know that old saying called Occam’s razor should be employed at some point in this equation !

[Occam's razor (also written as Ockham's razor, Latin lex parsimoniae) is the law of parsimony, economy, or succinctness. It is a principle stating that among competing hypotheses, the one that makes the fewest assumptions should be selected]
I like to think of it as “When all else fails, the simple solution is usually the correct one!‘ OR “When you hear hoof-beats, look for horses, not zebras!”

I don’t profess to know where in the equation we should employ Occam’s razor, boys and girls, but I do know that at the present time we are looking for winged zebras……., and that ain’t right!