Dear Readers: I have the same problem as Billy Pilgrim had in the novel “Slaughterhouse Five” by Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
For as long as I can remember, I have been “unstuck” in time!
That’s right ………, “unstuck!”
By that, I mean that every morning when I wake up, I am in a different period of my life ………., and I never know when, or where, that will be.
To give you an example of what I’m talking about, when I woke up this morning, it’s a Sunday and I am a man in his sixties who is semi-retired and suffering from a host of minor health issues that is common for a person of this age!
I am slightly overweight, I have high blood pressure, the initial onset of diabetes, my eyesight is slowly degenerating, my cholesterol is out of whack, and I suffer from arthritis in various limbs and joints. (Since taking all these pills for my various maladies is making me depressed, I also take Prozac to cheer myself up!)
Yesterday was a better day because I woke to find myself 19 again and working as a disc jockey on on the radio in Toronto.
The day before that was a hum-drum day where I was 12 years old and just went to school and then stayed at home.
I believe the previous day was when I was in my forties, and had taken my fathers advice to get a “real job” by being a car salesman!
Every day was different, and I never knew what to expect next.
Some days I was kid, or even a young child, other days I woke to find myself an adult of various ages and circumstances.
THIS IS THE WAY I HAVE LIVED EVERY DAY OF MY LIFE ………, NOT KNOWING WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN I WOKE UP!
I don’t mind this too much, since a person can get used to just about anything, but there is one fact that has started to bother me a lot lately!
I seem to be waking up as an old guy in his sixties with a lot more frequency lately.
Allan W Janssen
BlogsCanada.ca

 

Leave a Reply