The left-wing is crazy and the right-wing scares the shit out of me!

Allan's Perspective is NOT recommended for the politically correct, or the overly religious. Some people have opinions. Some people have convictions......... What we offer is PERSPECTIVE!




Tuesday 9 June 2015

Damn Those Banks!

Dear Readers:

You might remember last week when I went off on a rant about the Royal Bank because I tried to cash a cheque there, and they wouldn't do it because I didn't have an account with them! (The person who gave me the cheque did have an account at that branch!)

I complained to the Banking Ombudsman, but was told that RBC wasn't a member, and there was nothing they could do. So I just promised myself that I would never deal with the Royal Bank again!

WELL, as if that wasn't bad enough, today I find out that my very own bank, the Bank of Montreal, did me a dirty yesterday! 

I have a chequing account with them where I pay all my bills, and try to leave as little  money left over as possible because they don't pay any interest!

Seems that after I paid all the bills this month, I forgot about a $25 payment to PayPal that came out of the account yesterday and put me almost $25 overdrawn!!!!

Now there is no way the bank would let me be overdrawn, so they naturally sent the cheque back to PayPal ................, and then charged me almost $50 in NSF penalties.

(SO, the long and short of it kids, is that the Bank wouldn't let me be twenty five bucks overdrawn, but had no compunctions about putting me fifty bucks in the hole because that was money they could collect in NSF charges.)

I think I'll pay the overdraft with a cheque!  ;>)



No comments: