The left-wing is crazy and the right-wing scares the shit out of me!

Allan's Perspective is NOT recommended for the politically correct, or the overly religious. Some people have opinions. Some people have convictions......... What we offer is PERSPECTIVE!




Sunday 27 September 2015

If it's one of those days, THIS is definitely one of them!

Some days things conspire against you to the point where ya figure it's better to just turn around and go home again ........., and this happened to me today!

I don't know if there were just a bunch of Sunday drivers on the road, or there was bad karma in the air, but on my way to see some people in the east end of the city I saw two near accidents and one actual accident before I even got downtown.

By this time I was starting to wonder what was going on, when I had to stop at a red light on Dundas Street in the city center. (I sat there waiting for the light to change while a a big city bus came up behind me and sat there as well.)

Now the next part will take a bit of explaining to give you the full picture, but basically I got honked at like crazy by the bus driver because I didn't do a jack-rabbit start as the light was changing to green.

(What a lot of people are starting to do is take their foot off the brake when the crossing traffic light turns yellow, so that by the time it turns red and your light goes green they are already rolling pretty good ......, matter of fact, some of them even make it part way thru the intersection before they even get a green!)

What your humble reporter does, (since I'm no longer in that much of a hurry) is to keep my foot on the brake until I get a green, and then give gas and away I go.

Well, this wasn't good enough, or quick enough, for the bus driver, so his impatience made him honk at me, which made me mad at him, and, and, ...., well you get the idea! (I have to tell you that as a 'get even,' I drove the next block or so at 10 KPH until the bus turned off.)

By the time I got to the middle of the next block there was some guy jay-walking across the street from left to right in front of me, and even though people only drive 20 or 30 KPH in this stretch I still took me foot off the gas and watched him as he walked out.

NOW!

What most people do when they cross in the middle of the block is to walk out until they are at the dotted line in the middle of the street without actually stepping into your lane, and then wait for you to pass.

Makes sense ...., right?

Well that's not what happened bunky!

This guy, while he was looking directly at me and I was looking directly at him, DIDN'T STOP, but instead walked right in front of my car while I was less than ten feet from him!

THANK GOD I WAS ONLY GOING TWENTY OR TWENTY FIVE KILOMETERS AN HOUR, BUT I STILL HAD TO JUMP ON THE BRAKES AND SWERVE SHARPLY TO THE RIGHT ...., OR I WOULD HAVE KILLED HIM DEAD RIGHT THEN AND THERE ON THE SPOT!!! I still brushed his leg, but fortunately didn't hurt him!

(Oh, did I mention that he then yelled at ME!)

After this I decided that there was bad Karma in the air, or the force had gone wonky, or something or other, but I knew it wasn't safe to be out on the road, and I turned around, came right back home, put the car in the garage, and now I'm staying in for the rest of the day!

(I might not even answer the phone!)


No comments: