Of all the countless reasons that the form of ideological thuggery known as P.C. must die, James Hudnall at Big Hollywood, has chosen the top five:
1. It's censorship: Point blank, that's what it is. It's used mainly by people on the left to attack people on the right, but not the other way around. When Miss California, Carrie Prejean, politely said she thought marriage should be between a man and a woman, the PC thugs proceeded to try to destroy her life. It's used to accuse people of racism even when there is no racism involved, It's not only a scare tactic, but also a career-destroying move. And it's a thuggish weapon of intimidation.
2. It's bigotry disguised as manners: You may think all those touchy-feely names they come up with for various special interest groups are more sensitive and empowering than the "mean" names of the past, but most of them are patronizing and they segregating. When you separate people into classes, it's creating a kind of caste system. History has shown us that caste systems are used to suppress and marginalize people by putting them in special groups. The insidious thing about PC is it claims to treat people better when it really does the opposite. It implies that people in these groups are somehow lesser and weaker and must be "protected", presumably by the government, and then implies that they are not being treated well by other groups (namely white males) which is an inherently racist argument.
3. It's an attempt at mind control: The goal of PC always has been to segregate people into classes, destroy the family by marginalizing and polarizing people from traditional values and culture. It also tries to rebrand things to force people to think along a different path. You might think that's a good thing if it makes people more tolerant. While our culture is more tolerant than it was in the past there is no proof or evidence PC had anything to do with it. The fact is, lying to people (which PC does) and trying to destroy a culture by effectively brainwashing people is downright…
4. Evil: The textbook definition of evil is that which is willfully and maliciously harmful to others. What else do you call something that is used to commit so much harm against people and a society as a whole. It has become a rampant monster that destroys lives, careers, and society. It's used by creepy, selfish people to hurt others. Race-baiters we all know and despise have been using PC for years to try to extort money from business and government by making up racist claims. That's nothing but a form of extortion.
5. Why should we do what some faceless creeps tell us?: Most of the time we were told what the new term for something is. In the '60s we were told Negro is not acceptable anymore. We should say black even though Negro is merely the Spanish word for black. Then in the '70s we were told to use "Afro-American" then later "African-American" even though that term is not only a mouthful it makes no sense. A lot of black Americans are simply Americans, many others are from the Caribbean. Or they are mixed race like our president. Who makes up these lame terms and why should we start saying them? Because "we're supposed to" isn't a reason, that's more of a threat. Who says we have to? Why shouldn't we say steward or stewardess instead of flight attendant? Because "they" say so? Why should we take directions from faceless entities who tell us what we can say? Why can't we say whatever we want? Most of the terms these people come up with are
retardedmentally challenged. See, they hyphenate you to separate you from the rest of us, We're all part of the same country, but they want to make you feel aggrieved. Angry and unhappy people are easier to sway with propaganda.