The left-wing is crazy and the right-wing scares the shit out of me!

Allan's Perspective is NOT recommended for the politically correct, or the overly religious. Some people have opinions. Some people have convictions......... What we offer is PERSPECTIVE!




Tuesday 19 April 2016

The key difference between a racist and a bigot!

Dear Readers:

I just got a message from a call center where the guy on the other end sounded like he was on a speakerphone when he said to me: "Hi, I got a call just like this one, and I'm so glad I listened to the whole thing," at which point I naturally hung up.

As I sat there wondering what sort of an person would think that I would listen to that sort of drivel ....., it occurred to me that people who do listen to messages like that are the same assholes who vote for Donald Drumpf!

I know I'm a bigot for saying things like that but I just don't care!

--------------------------------

Oh, by the way, I mentioned last week that I definitely was a bigot about some things, but certainly not a racist!

This resulted in a few letters of support and some of condemnation, but on the whole it didn't do much to alter my opinion of other people in general.

The reason I'm writing this is because I just ran into an article from  B.C. about a Coquitlam woman who was given a ticket because her kids were too noisy when they were playing on the street and I wanted to respond to it!

Let me repeat that: TOO NOISY PLAYING OUTSIDE!

Well naturally the first thing that crossed my mind was that the neighbours were off their rockers for a complaint like that.

Especially when I saw  picture of the kids aged 8, 8 and 6 playing on the street!

BUT, then I saw a picture of the mother ..........., and my old bigoted mind started forming opinions again about what sort of a mother this was!

(Now don't get me wrong folks, if this woman wasn't wearing those sunglasses, there would be absolutely nothing wrong with this picture, but as soon as she puts them on..!)
The key difference between a racist and a bigot: The main difference between racist and bigot is that fact that racism discriminates on the basis of race, whereas a bigot discriminates on the basis of his personal opinion, which can include race, gender, religion, beliefs, morals, etc.
So, with that in mind, aren't we all bigots to a greater or lesser degree, because as soon as we start to judge somebody else ......., Ta Daaaa!

Affliction
Bigot
Racist
Definition (Dictionary.com) A person who is intolerant or insensitive to a differing creed, belief, way of life or opinion. A person who believes in racism, the doctrine that a certain human race is superior to any or all others.
Discrimination Discriminates on the basis of a person's ethnicity, morality, religion,  intelligence, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, disability, socio economic status,  etc. Discriminates on the basis of race.
Behavior Intolerant and unable or unwilling to see anyone else's point of view. Believes in the superiority of one race over another, or acts differently (usually negatively) towards a person or a group of people because of their race.
Includes Racists, sexists, religious fanatics, boors, fashion snob,
etc. and manifests as pride, arrogance, condescension, snobbery, vanity, egotism, narcissism and self-importance.
Is a subcategory of bigots
**

No comments: