First, something for the adults!
This was sent in by someone who is obviously on a health kick:
1. Drink plenty of water.
2. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar.
3. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants, and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
4. Live with the 3 E's -- Energy, Enthusiasm, and Empathy.
5. Make time for prayer and reflection
6. Play more games.
7. Read more books than you did in 2009.
9. Sleep for 7-8 hours.
10. Take a 10-30 minutes walk every day ---- and while you walk, smile.
11. Don't compare your life to others'. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
12. Don't have negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
13. Don't over do; keep your limits.
14. Don't take yourself so seriously; no one else does.
15. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip.
16. Dream more while you are awake.
17. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
18. Forget issues of the past. Don't remind your partner with his/her mistakes of the past. That will ruin your present happiness.
19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don't hate others.
20. Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.
21. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
22. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
23. Smile and laugh more.
24. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
25. Call your family often.
26. Each day give something good to others.
27. Forgive everyone for everything.
28. Spend time with people over the age of 70 & under the age of 6.
29. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
30. What other people think of you is none of your business.
31. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your family and friends will. Stay in touch.
32. Do the right things.
33. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
34. Forgiveness heals everything.
35. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
36. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
37. The best is yet to come.
38. When you awake alive in the morning, don’t take it for granted – embrace life.
39. Your inner most is always happy. So, be happy.
Last but not the least:
40. Enjoy LIFE!
Now, we address the habits of babies.
You might have seen this experiment on TV where they put a one or two year old in front of a display that had a small teddy bear trying to open a box, and another "good" teddy bear comes along and helps it.
Then the scene was repeated and a "bad" teddy bear slammed the lid shut instead of helping the first bear.
So, here's the scene: We have one 'good' teddy bear and one 'bad' teddy bear, and they both offer to play with the kid..........!
Naturally the kid always wants to play with the 'good' teddy bear. (But, this is where even little tiny kids seem to sell out!)
If both bears offer the kid a candy, the baby will always take it from the good bear. Even if the good bear only has one candy and the bad bear has TWO, the kid will still go to the good bear!
If the good bear only has ONE candy and the bad bear has FIVE candies, all morality is thrown out the window and the kid goes for the bad bear!
Which shows that even among very young kids, ethical behavior has a price!