Allan's Perspective is not recommended for the politically correct, or the overly religious! (Some people have opinions, and some have convictions ..., what we offer is Perspective!)
My wife is right, I am anal retentive...., so now I keep a can of WD-40 next to the toilet! (Sometimes I feel like I'm just a bobble-head on the highway of life!)
Wednesday, June 22, 2016
Politicains are the same on both sides of the Atlantic!
Your humble reporter has been spending a lot of time lately watching both the political shenanigans in the States and that possible bailout of Britain from the E.U. (Brexit)
What struck me the most is the similarity of response to the issues at hand from both locations.
In the U.K. Nigel and Boris are playing the part of Donald Trump and campaigning on a combination of lies, innuendo, fear and negativity while on the other side David Cameron, john Major and the boys are playing the part of Hillary Clinton and attempting to take the high road thru optimism, confidence and enthusiasm.
So far the races seem to be in a dead heat on both sides of the Atlantic, and only time will tell if the yeas or nays win out.
While we're talking about the election in the U. S. I thought you might be interested in how much money the N.R.A. has given to certain Republican politicians in the last little while!
- Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) received $1,261,874 from the NRA.
- Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) received $7,740,221 from the NRA
- Sen. Rob Portman (R-Ohio) received $1,412,819 from the NRA
- Sen. Thom Tillis (R-N.C.) received $4,418,042 from the NRA.
- Sen. Roy Blunt (R-Mo.) received $1,439,902 from the NRA.
- Sen. Bill Cassidy (R-La.) received $2,861,047 from the NRA.
- Sen. Tom Cotton (R-Ark.) received $1,968,714 from the NRA.
- Sen. Cory Gardner (R-Colo.) received $3,879,064 from the NRA.
- Sen. Joni Ernst (R-Iowa) received $3,124,273 from the NRA
- Sen. David Perdue (R-Ga.) received $1,825,006 from the NRA.
- Sen. Pat Roberts (R-Kan.) received $1,584,153 from the NRA
Now granted, these were all the big winners in the national Rifle Association's sweepstakes, but all the other Republicans got a taste too, so it ain't hard to see why the N.R.A. has so much influence over politicians in the States!