The left-wing is crazy and the right-wing scares the shit out of me!

Allan's Perspective is NOT recommended for the politically correct, or the overly religious. Some people have opinions. Some people have convictions......... What we offer is PERSPECTIVE!




Tuesday 2 August 2016

Yup: Stupid is as stupid does!

Dear Readers:

I woke up in the middle of the night last nigh and then had one of those frustrating things where I couldn't get back to sleep again. (Believe me this was unusual folks, I can normally fall asleep anywhere, anytime!)

As I lay there my thoughts went to that shit-fest they call an election down in the Sates and I started thinking that they never had something like 'Donald Trump' happen to them before, so there wasn't really anything to compare this guy to.

Oh, there are people and situations in other parts of the world where politicians make about as much sense a Drumpf, but the last person I can compare him to in what we call "The West" would be King Henry VIII of England. (Lots of stuff he did is still affecting us today!)

This, in turn, got me to thinking what sort of a person would vote for a man like Donald Drumpf, and the only answer I could come up with was a person who hadn't ever developed any sort of critical thinking! These people are the one's who act according to what they "believe" ......, not what makes sense. (They are also the folks who believe in a literal interpretation of the Bible while rejecting evolution, abortion, gun control and a whole list of other things that seem self-evident to rational thinking beings.)

I don't think it's a co-incidence that Right Wing Republicans are concentrated in what used to be the Confederate States, because the mind-set of the two is amazingly similar. (They are re-active, rather than pro-active about a whole bunch of stuff.)

In other words, like I said at the beginning, lacking in something called "critical thinking!" (Matter of fact, they had an Interview with a Democratic governor on CNN this morning and he came right out and said that Drumpf was "mentally ill, and anyone who likes him is also nuts!")

Yup: "Stupid is as Stupid Does" folks!"

---------------------------------------


MEANWHILE, BACK AT THE RANCH:



No comments: