The left-wing is crazy and the right-wing scares the shit out of me!

Allan's Perspective is NOT recommended for the politically correct, or the overly religious. Some people have opinions. Some people have convictions......... What we offer is PERSPECTIVE!




Sunday 21 May 2017

SAY WHAT?

Dear Friends: "Let's get things back into Perspective!"

In a way this is sort of a tough post to write since it's what a lot of people would think of as "the pot calling the kettle black!"(This quote never made much sense to me since it was sort of ambiguous in meaning!)

Let me put it this way: I never received the formal education I would like to have had because of a rather severe case of ADHD and a penchant for being socially inept, so I had to make up for any formal education (like a degree) I lacked with an insatiable curiosity, a desire to read up on anything that caught my attention, and a mind that was (is) quick on the uptake! (I cannot for the life of me figure out why so many people appear to be rather ill-informed about certain things no matter how much book learning they have received.)

Let me give you an example: A hundred years ago the average person only went to school until about the eight grade, but they received a well rounded education that included all the basics needed to function in society. (They were a lot more knowledgeable in areas like geography, history, English literature, etc. than today's kids with a high school education!)

Image result for yokelThis is especially prevalent today in everyday situations  like proficiency in grammar or arithmetic, or a lack of critical thinking amongst a large percentage of the population. (Try and get an average American yokel to point to Switzerland on a map!)

It's the constant murdering of the English language and misinformation about the world at large that drives me to distraction. (Don't even get me started on "Alt-News" folks!)

This was all brought home today when I heard John Dickerson state on one of those Sunday Morning political shows the Islam was the largest religion in the world ......, when everybody knows [sic] that Christianity has 2 billion followers while the Muslims only number about 1.5 to 1.7 billion people.

Just the same, that's a lot of seriously deluded and misguided people who seem to suffer from a severe lack of being able to think for themselves!

 

No comments: