The left-wing is crazy and the right-wing scares the shit out of me!

Allan's Perspective is NOT recommended for the politically correct, or the overly religious. Some people have opinions. Some people have convictions......... What we offer is PERSPECTIVE!




Tuesday 19 December 2017

Guilty!

Dear Friends: Several weeks ago I was having a conversation with the manager of a local radio station (a woman) and we were discussing the number of sexual harassment and assault cases that have sprung up since Harvey Wienstien really got the ball rolling back in the summer. 

We both agreed that it was about time the seriousness of this problem was finally acknowledged, but then a statement came out of my mouth that had been hovering in the back of my mind for quite some time. 

I said "Yes, it's a good thing that this has finally been addressed, but I'm afraid there are some women who are going to use the allegation of sexual harassment and assault as a weapon to get back at someone they have a beef with!" (In other words they made-up these charges because it's a relatively easy way to get back at, and hurt someone with whom you have an axe to grind!)

Since then I have heard the same sort of rumblings from other people, but the whole thing was brought into sharp relief today when I read this headline: "Affair with Matt Lauer was an ‘abuse of power,’ accuser says!"
                       
Yup, even when 'you' (Addie Zinone) willingly have an affair this can be turned around to make 'you' look like a victim because it was an 'abuse of power' by Matt Lauer. 

I guess what I'm getting at folks is that even though we do have a serious problem here, there are some people who will use this to further their own agenda, because in today's climate all it needs is the mere suggestion of impropriety to convict someone of wrongdoing.

In other words, there is no "innocent until proven guilty" anymore kids!  

The way I see it anyway!
******************** 


No comments: