The left-wing is crazy and the right-wing scares the shit out of me!

Allan's Perspective is NOT recommended for the politically correct, or the overly religious. Some people have opinions. Some people have convictions......... What we offer is PERSPECTIVE!




Thursday 24 May 2018

The Powerful Man!

From the pages of Jezebel: "Ladies, please feel free to use this template against any man you may wish to fuck-up!" (Pardon the Pun.)

How sick are you of watching the same abuse of power play out over and over? Very? .....Us too!

[Powerful man] has been accused of [sexual harassment/assault/impropriety/misconduct] by [woman]. According to a [tweet/Instagram post/Facebook post/report by Ronan Farrow in The New Yorker] detailing the allegations, [powerful man] allegedly [groped/grabbed] her [body part] repeatedly while working together [on the set of movie name/in the White House/at media company name] in [year].

According to [woman], who has since left [company name/politics/Hollywood], the abuse went on for decades.

[Woman] claims that [powerful man] first approached her at [the office Christmas party/her desk/by email] where she claims he [sexually assaulted her/made sexually suggestive comments/sexual advances toward her/asked her if her boyfriend was giving her what she needed, then winked] and that she felt she had no choice but to “laugh it off.” “I was [young/broke/powerless/desperate to break into an industry run by men/afraid of being fired] so I didn’t say anything, but when I got home I was so disgusted, I just wanted to take a shower,” wrote [woman] in her [tweet/Instagram post/Facebook post/report by Ronan Farrow in The New Yorker].

Rumors of [powerful man]’s behavior have circulated for years, but until now, “I didn’t think anyone would believe me,” said [woman], who claims that although she raised the issue with [human resources/her boss/male peer], nothing ever came of her complaints. “I was told, ‘Oh that’s just [powerful man] being [powerful man], don’t take it personally,” [woman] says.

[Powerful man] responded to the allegations with a statement [from a representative/from his lawyer/on Twitter], writing:
I don’t remember working with [woman], but if I upset her, I sincerely apologize. Although I have no recollection of what [woman] described, I’m sure that at the time I [was making a joke/thought it was consensual/was drunk]. I also apologize to my [fans/constituents/staff/family] for what these allegations have done to them. I am checking into [rehab/a nice hotel] and would appreciate privacy at this time.
Since releasing the above statement, [number of] women have come forward with similar allegations. Said [second woman] to [media outlet], “I feel terrible. I thought I was the only one who had this experience with [powerful man]. I wish I could have done something to stop it but I was [young/broke/powerless/ desperate to break into an industry run by men/afraid of being fired].”

Others alluded to an informal “whisper network” [on the set of movie name/in the White House/at media company name] among women. “We all knew,” said [third woman], “but nothing was ever actionable. [Powerful man] always kept everything on just this side of legal.”

[Powerful man’s company/record label/the White House/Congress] has said, in a statement:
We take rumors of this kind very seriously. [Powerful man] has been suspended with pay, pending an investigation into these allegations.
[Powerful man] did not respond to multiple requests for comment.



(Image via Getty/Shutterstock)

No comments: