The left-wing is crazy and the right-wing scares the shit out of me!

Allan's Perspective is NOT recommended for the politically correct, or the overly religious. Some people have opinions. Some people have convictions......... What we offer is PERSPECTIVE!




Thursday 13 September 2018

Florence is a blowhard, but Hazel was worse!

Dear Friends: I have been watching less television the past few days because they have been concentrating on hurricane Florence instead of my favourite pastime........ Drumpf!

A couple of things that did register with me today was the fact that while all the attention was on Flo... there was a typhoon 1 1/2 time bigger bearing down on the Phillipines with winds close to 200 m.p.h. (That's 300 kph folks)

They also mentioned that Flo might be as bad as old hurricane Hazel that hit Myrtle Beach back in 1954. Now this really made me sit up and take notice because of stories my parents told me about when we first came to Canada from war-torn Europe and had no idea what a hurricane was when it hit Toronto, flooded the Humber river, and killed dozens of people.

Even though the storm was a pale version of what it was when it hit South Carolina...., my parents had gone grocery shopping (they didn't have a clue about hurricanes) and told me about how the wind almost blew the big front window of the Loblaws store out because it was bending inward so much from the onslaught of wind and rain.

We haven't had a storm that bad since here in S.W. Ontario and I sure don't want to see another one!

The way I see it anyway!


No comments: