The left-wing is crazy and the right-wing scares the shit out of me!

Allan's Perspective is NOT recommended for the politically correct, or the overly religious. Some people have opinions. Some people have convictions......... What we offer is PERSPECTIVE!




Monday 11 November 2019

Angels in the Sky!

Dear Friends;

When I was 12 years old I witnessed the 'Second Coming' and the end of the world!

Perhaps I had better explain:

Our family was Lutheran, even though we didn't go to church very often, while the old guy across the road from us was a heavy-duty Catholic.

The guy knew about our lack of enthusiasm for regular church-going and also figured that since we were some form of Protestants,,, we were all going to hell.

Now he wouldn't have dared to say anything to my father or mother because they would have shut him up in a hurry, but he figured it was his sacred duty to convert me to Catholicism so he could save my mortal soul. (First of all, he had to do it on the sly...... and he did try to talk about religion to my parents once, and that was the reason they didn't talk very much after that.)

Anyway, one day, when my parents weren't around, he told me about the Second Comming of Christ that was due just about any time now, and how I should go to church regularly so I wouldn't end up burning in hell! (Nice thing to tell a twelve-year-old kid, eh?)

Now I have to admit that I didn't buy it hook, line and sinker...., but there was just enough doubt in my mind that it bugged me all day.

That night, as I was in bed trying to go to sleep..... I suddenly saw the light of dozens of Angels shinning on the bedroom curtains as splotches of light that moved from one side of the window to the other! (This was the Angels coming down from the sky!)

With a blood-freezing scream, I jumped up and tore the curtains open to see what was going on.... and how many Angels there were up in the sky!

That's when I saw that it was just the lights of a car coming up the road.... and the headlights were shining through the leaves of a tree!

That's also the day I decided that religion was bullshit!

The way I see it anyway!


No comments: