The left-wing is crazy and the right-wing scares the shit out of me!

Allan's Perspective is NOT recommended for the politically correct, or the overly religious. Some people have opinions. Some people have convictions......... What we offer is PERSPECTIVE!




Thursday 27 February 2020

THIS IS NOW A BLOG FOR BOOMERS!

Dear Friends:

Over the years I have commented on quite a few different subjects.... but none gives me the joy and satisfaction of ripping into today's "snowflakes" (Millenials?) and their warped politically correct view of our world.

Even though I was a 'hippie' in my teens I grew up in a different world than what we have now..... and it just seems to me that everything is going to hell in a  handbasket! Values are different than I am used to (not necessarily better..... just different) and the priorities people subscribe to today just don't make a lot of sense to me!
“You are not special. You are not a beautiful and unique snowflakes. You are the same organic and decaying matter as everyone else!” (Millennials, a generation easily offended, attention-seeking and lacking resilience.)
Snowflakes are also branded as overly self-entitled, averse to any form of criticism and holding the belief that their emotions take precedent over discussion. Without undermining the importance of being in touch with one’s feelings or engaging in self-care, the fact remains that resilience is an important skill, especially when the time comes to leave the education ‘bubble’ and face the ‘real world’. 

Millennials are not endowed with less intelligence than previous generations, but perhaps what they lack is thicker skin. Constructive criticism shapes character and performance, and taking it as a personal offence inhibits self-improvement and illustrates a form of close-mindedness which is unlikely to be seen in a positive light by employers.

Now just the fact that I have received so much vehement criticism......, and dare I say it......... HATE MAIL in the past few days for not supporting the Indians and anarchists in this country is enough to make me consider writing only for us "Baby Boomers'  who are getting fed-up with the P.C. crowd always calling us to task!

For this, I need your help, dear readers, and I would appreciate you telling all your 'Boomer' friends and neighbours about this blog..... and use it a sounding board for whatever is bugging you......... bunky!

WE invented the protest movement folks and it's time we took it back!

The way I see it anyway!


Who Is The Snowflake Generation, And Why Are They Fun To Hate?


 

No comments: