The left-wing is crazy and the right-wing scares the shit out of me!

Allan's Perspective is NOT recommended for the politically correct, or the overly religious. Some people have opinions. Some people have convictions......... What we offer is PERSPECTIVE!




Friday 20 March 2009

Never let the facts get in the way of a good story!

You would think that after putting myself in the public eye by writing a blog like this that I would develop a thick skin and not let comments get to me, but it seems that I am either overly sensitive to these remarks or righteously incensed by them.

Let me explain.

This morning my post was about stuff a person learns with age and no sooner was it up, than someone writes in the comment section; "I am soooo stealing this!"

The implication being that I committed plagiarism and stole it from someone else!

Now folks, you have to realize that;

1. This is not a newspaper.

And.

2. I am not acting as a journalist.

Please understand this, I get ten to twenty letters a day from friends, family and readers with stuff they think I can use on this blog.

Other than things I write about concerning my life or living, I use a lot of it even though I have no idea where it originally came from.

And Why not!

Is there a rule somewhere that says I can only put stuff in here that I thought up myself and no more?

Don't misunderstand me, if it is important information that deserves credit then I will happily supply that, as when I publish parts of news articles concerning local or world events.

Other than that there is so much information floating around on the Internet that if you see something that looks familiar then that doesn't automatically mean it's STOLEN!

Something like this can be considered common property unless you wish to chastise every person who forwarded the particular piece of mail to someone else without giving credit. (And how the hell would you find out who had the original idea to begin with?)

Not only that, but I only agreed with about two thirds of the article in question, so on the other third I substituted my own stuff, and then......!

Viola!

My own list of rules!

To prevent people from getting me this upset in the future I am going to put a quote up in the masthead of this blog that was penned by journalist and folklorist J. Frank Dobie about a hundred years ago. It's very simple really... Never let the facts get in the way of a good story!

And that's it folks! If there is something that needs to be properly examined and documented, then we have the staff of the "Perspective" research department here at our disposal to check it out.


But, if it's just something for your reading and entertainment pleasure then remember our new motto!


Never let the facts get in the way of a good story!

---------------------------------------------------


-Allan, did you perhaps misinterpret the comment? I see it as a compliment. "This is so good that I am stealing it!" (not in a literal sense of stealing) Your friend, Leo L in San Antonio


-Leo if that's the case then he has my sincere apologies. I must be getting a bit sensitive since I had a guy accuse me of stealing something else that was just floating around the Internet and I had no way of knowing who the author was. Besides that, if something is interesting to me and I think the readers of this blog would like it I'm gonna put it in here, credit or not!
Allan Janssen


Allan W Janssen is the author of the book The Plain Truth About God (What the mainstream religions don't want you to know......!) and is available as an E-Book H E R E ! and as a paperback H E R E !

Visit the blog "Perspective" at http://allans-perspective.blogspot.com

No comments: