I started out many years ago saying: I’M NOT A RACIST …………………., I’M A CULTURALIST!

In other words, I don’t care if you’re black, yellow, green white, red or purple ………………, that’s got nothing to do with anything!
BUT!

imagesWWJKZK79If you’re a black, yellow  or white “low life” without an education and no desire to better yourself, or a black, white or yellow gang member with no intention of fitting in with normal society, or any other group that does not value hard work and ambition, then you and your friends are in a cultural dead end, bunky!
How far you get in life does not depend on your race, but your culture can have a major influence in how you not only see the world, but how your react to it as well!

imagesBNLL2V17So you see folks, stereotypes can have a big influence on what sort of a person YOU end up as, and if you don’t like your lot in life, then join some other group!
Even  countries have their own distinct culture that has a bearing on how their fortunes rise and fall over the years!
(As a matter of fact, even first world countries are influenced by what type of society they live in!)
Heaven is where the police are British, the cooks are French, the
mechanics German, the lovers Italian and it’s all organised by the Swiss.
Hell is where the chefs are British, the mechanics French, the
lover’s Swiss, the police German, and it’s all organised by the Italians.
Now for your reading enjoyment, this is a personality test taken by a true Canadian!
I recently took one of those personality tests that are designed to expose antisocial tendencies, before they have the opportunity to manifest into aberrant criminal behavior.
1059203-Royalty-Free-Clip-Art-Illustration-Of-Eve-Standing-Nude-And-Holding-An-Apple Overall I managed to say what I thought they wanted to hear, in order to get a score that would impress my family and friends. The computer-generated comment said I should consider employment in the hospitality field, because I was obviously a very polite person.
 I recently had the opportunity to question that assumption, when I was in the local big box bookstore. I took a short cut through the magazine section. The aisle was crowded, and to get by one older gentleman, who stood reading, I was forced to cut between him and the rack.
 1057885-Royalty-Free-Clip-Art-Illustration-Of-A-Hairy-Nude-Shy-Man-Covering-Himself-Up-With-His-ArmsThe reader responded by saying loudly to my back, that when someone cuts in front of another person like that, they should say, “excuse me”.
 I turned and scowled, searching my mind for a suitably pithy response. Lots of clever replies came to mind. (I am after all a humour writer.) But ever mindful of the responsibility that’s thrust upon public figures to lead by example, I skipped the most scathing of my possible responses. I gave him an insincere smile and carried on. Later I thought about my hard-wired Canadian politeness.
 People I meet in the US often comment on how polite Canadians are. This stereotype usually annoys me and I invariable begin disagreeing with them, in an attempt to instigate some hostile interaction, that might shake up their preconceptions.
 1144045-Cartoon-Of-A-Chorus-Line-Of-Naked-Men-Dancing-The-Can-Can-Royalty-Free-Vector-ClipartBut I can see why they think that way. A good deal of our politeness could be attributed to the fact that our country is right next door to the USofA, and we learned pretty early in our history to avoid offending the world’s only super-bully.
 Granted we licked them good in the War of 1812, sending them scurrying back to Tennessee with their Daniel Boone caps were the sun don’t shine.
 imagesCA20XN70But those victories are few and far between. These days we politely accept that they have the right to ship our citizens off to other countries to be tortured or we agree to support a missile defense system that would see incoming ICBMs shot down over our heads and land in the local schoolyard.
 
Then too, we politely welcome the big US retailers and manufacturers into the country, so they can squeeze out all our little guys and take over our economy, without even firing a shot.
 Should it seem apparent that our fresh water and oil reserves were about to fall into ‘foreign’ hands, some citizens would politely welcome the Marines at the Rainbow Bridge offering discounts on hotel accommodations and car rentals and apologizing for the cold weather.
But when it gets down to the push and shove of everyday life we might be lacking in some of the finer social etiquette. For example, if we were truly polite people by nature, our national sport, hockey, would be a whole lot different than it is.