Folks, humour is a subjective thing that differs from person to person. What I find funny might not be so to you …………….., and vise versa!
HOWEVER, I can draw a few generalizations, and say that in my opinion Lenny Bruce was the greatest stand-up comedian ever ….., not that he was really a comedian, he was more of a social commentator who told things in a funny way! (Lenny did not do “jokes.”)
His protege’ – George Carlin – is the modern equivalent of Lenny, and his tirade about who owns America is the mist insightful and thoughtful bit I have ever heard!

BUT. I digress!
Since humour is such a subjective thing, these three (3) comedy bits are what I consider to be the funniest things I ever heard!
#3. Cheech and Chong have the distinction of doing one of the funnies things I ever heard, and one of the most irritating and stupid things I ever heard ….., all on the same album!
“Sister Mary Elephant” is soooooo bad I won’t even insult you by playing it here, but “DAVE” comes in as a solid #3.

Coming in at # 2 is a guy who I don’t find funny in the least …………………, I MEAN, I don’t get this guy at all. I think his humour is juvenile and stupid, even though he is supposed to be a really smart guy!
BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There is ONE bit he did that had me in absolute stitches ……………., I mean I fell on the floor when I saw this!

AND IN FIRST PLACE: Anything this guy does is hilarious and I don’t, for the life of me, see how Steve martin could ever try and do an imitation of him.
This scene is from one of his first movies, and was a taste of things to come! (You might say it was only a roll of toilet paper, but it’s genius in it’s simplicity!)

AND, AS AN ADDED BONUS…………………, WE HAVE THIS!



(If you're still sane after 8 minutes of this......................, congratulations!)