Allan's Perspective is not recommended for the politically correct, or the overly religious! (Some people have opinions, and some have convictions ..., what we offer is Perspective!)

My wife is right, I am anal retentive...., so now I keep a can of WD-40 next to the toilet! (Sometimes I feel like I'm just a bobble-head on the highway of life!)

Saturday, October 17, 2015

Saturday Morning Confusion about Consciousness!

Dear Readers:

IT'S TIME TO PUT THE "THINKING CAPS" ON KIDS! (This article is rather long and complicated so if you're suffering from a Saturday morning hangover, or just don't give a shit ......, go on to something else!!!!!!)

The nature of consciousness has been a hot topic of debate among scientists for many years and doesn't seem to be any closer to a coherent explanation now than it was back in the time of Aristotle and Plato.

SO!

To finally get this thing in "Perspective" I am going to give you an article on the subject from "LiveScience.com" and then offer a possible explanation!!!!

The Singularity, Virtual Immortality vs the Trouble with Consciousness  (Op-Ed)