The left-wing is crazy and the right-wing scares the shit out of me!

Allan's Perspective is NOT recommended for the politically correct, or the overly religious. Some people have opinions. Some people have convictions......... What we offer is PERSPECTIVE!




Wednesday 11 November 2015

Another rip-off!

Dear Readers:

Another rip-off, and another reason to be careful about what you order on-line.

My computer was running slow and I did the usual things like deleting my search history and re-booting the computer, but there was no appreciable difference, so I decided to see what was available as an 'app' to perk up my old, tired, computer!

I found a program called 'Tweak' something or other, and since it was recommended by Microsoft I decided to splurge, [sic] and spend $4.95 for the download.

For some reason it wouldn't take my credit card and they didn't accept PayPal, so I gave up on it! (And yes, my card was good because I checked my balance and I had 14 bucks available on that card!)

NOW HERE COMES THE RUB .......!

The reason it wouldn't take my card was because the actual price was $19.95, NOT the $4.95 they advertised, so naturally with only 14 bucks available ...., it didn't go through!

So, here's the reason for writing this little ditty, kids!

I don't know how to get around this deception from people who advertise products on the 'net,' but it makes me very wary of dealing with on-line merchants of any size or shape. (Even if Bill Gates vouches for them!)

Allan 

P.S. NO, this is not a tongue-in-check post, because every time I put my tongue in my check I end up biting it! (And we all know how much that hurts!!!)

No comments: