Allan's Perspective is not recommended for the politically correct, or the overly religious! Some people have opinions, and some have convictions ..., what we offer is Perspective! (Sometimes I feel like I'm just a bobble-head on the highway of life!)

I was addicted to the hokey pokey, but I turned myself around!

Monday, February 1, 2016

IS ALZHEIMERS CONTAGIOUS?

Dear Readers:

 Your humble reporter was looking through the latest edition of Scientific American, when I ran across a rather interesting headline: 

More Evidence Emerges for "Transmissible Alzheimer's" Theory.

Well, I  can believe just about anything after they proved that insanity is hereditary ......, ya get it from your kids!

 ------------------------------------

While we're on the subject of Scientific American, here's another one of those stories where I don't know if I should say, "Gee, I didn't know that" or "So! What's the big deal?"

The burnt eggshell fragments of an ancient giant bird have helped scientists solve a 50,000-year-old whodunit in Australia.

Yup, that's right bunky: "Did Ancient Humans Eat Cantaloupe-Size Eggs from 500-Pound Birds!"

OF COURSE THEY DID, WHAT'S THE BIG DEAL ............, I SAW THAT YEARS AGO ON THE FLINTSTONES!

------------------------------------

  Hey kids, ya see this ship?

 Kathryn Spirit 

Somebody tied it up at a dock in Montreal and then left town!!!!!!!!!! 

BEAUHARNOIS, Que. - Montreal-area officials have been assured by Ottawa that an initial inspection of an abandoned bulk carrier shows it doesn't pose a risk of capsizing or causing an environmental disaster.

Montreal Mayor Denis Coderre, who heads the 82-municipality Montreal Metropolitan Community, told reporters today he expects to discuss the matter in Ottawa this week with Transport Minister Marc Garneau and Fisheries Minister Hunter Tootoo.


http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/feds-locals-to-work-together-to-deal-with-abandoned-cargo-vessel-near-montreal-1.2760364

--------------------------------------------- 

New from the financial world that "Alphabet" has just surpassed "Apple" as the most valuable company in the world! 

I've never heard of "Alphabet!" Have you ever heard of "Alphabet?" I don't even know what an "Alphabet" is!

OH!

Somebody just said it's the new name for Google!

What's the matter with Google? I like the name Google! When I look something up I'm refuse to "Alphabet" it!

-------------------------------------

Jesus H. Christ, now all the hoopla is starting with the Jian Ghomeshi trial.

Listen folks, I don't want to hear about this guy punching women in the head for the next month or two ......, just throw him in jail and lets put it behind us!

 
103