Allan's Perspective is not recommended for the politically correct, or the overly religious! Some people have opinions, and some have convictions ..., what we offer is Perspective! (Sometimes I feel like I'm just a bobble-head on the highway of life!)

I was addicted to the hokey pokey, but I turned myself around! ("If it is true that humans share 44% of their DNA with bananas, then how, when, and why did it become so much more difficult to drive a stick-shift? Answer me that , eh!")

Friday, August 4, 2017

Right picture, wrong message!

Dear Friends: "Let's get things back into perspective here!"

I picked up a copy of our local paper, the London Free Press today and one of the first things I saw was somebody complaining about this picture:
My first thought was: "Oh God, here we go again, another S.O.B. from the politically correct crowd complaining about depicting a black man picking tobacco."

Turns out I was wrong kids, the beef was about showing TOBACCO because of all its harmful effects on people that are still dumb enough to smoke it!

----------------------

While we're at it, Pierre Justin Trudeau got into hot water yesterday by saying during an interview with Rolling Stone magazine that Patrick Brazeau, the Indian Senator from Quebec, was a perfect foil for his part in a boxing match with our current Prime Minister !

The P.C. crowd bitched that it was demeaning to call an Indian a "foil," when in actual fact Trudeau was referring to the fact that Brazeau was a "dufus!"

The way I see it anyway!

(By the way, I would pay good money to see  Trudeau fight Jean Chr├ętien, and I'd put my money on Chr├ętien,  even if he is a hundred years older!)