The left-wing is crazy and the right-wing scares the shit out of me!

Allan's Perspective is NOT recommended for the politically correct, or the overly religious. Some people have opinions. Some people have convictions......... What we offer is PERSPECTIVE!




Wednesday 4 October 2017

The typical Drumpf supporter!


I have an American brother-in-law. (Or whatever I'm supposed to call the person who married my wife's sister.)


He's a Trump supporter. He has guns. He dislikes black people. He prefers memes to you know, facts. 

He believes he is an intellectual (I kid you not). 

Okay, you get the picture.

Here are some of the things he told me:

- The 9/11 hijackers entered the United States from Canada. (No, they flew in to the US directly and at no time were they on Canadian soil.)

- Canada's navy ships were built in the US. (No, they were built in Halifax and last I checked that was still part of Canada.)

- Canadians aren't allowed to own guns. (Wrong. Canada has the 13th highest rate of gun ownership in the world.)

-He was also unaware that Canadians served in Afghanistan and that we fought in the Korean War.

-He still refuses to believe (at least as of the last time I bothered speaking to him) that Canada is the US's largest trading partner.

---------------------

On a similar note, since everyone seems to be talking gun control down in the States again:  In 1996, the Republican-majority Congress threatened to strip funding from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention unless it stopped funding research into firearm injuries and deaths. 

The National Rifle Association accused the CDC of promoting gun controlAs a result, the CDC stopped funding gun-control research — which had a chilling effect far beyond the agency, drying up money for almost all public health studies of the issue nationwide.

Folks, I keep saying that a lot of the stuff Republicans do down there in the States borders on outright evil .......................,  but nobody seems to believe me, or outright ignores me!

The way I see it anyway!

No comments: