The left-wing is crazy and the right-wing scares the shit out of me!

Allan's Perspective is NOT recommended for the politically correct, or the overly religious. Some people have opinions. Some people have convictions......... What we offer is PERSPECTIVE!




Saturday 2 December 2017

Saturday Morning Confusion: Bird Brain?

Dear Friends:

I'm sure you've heard the expression "bird brain" before but never has it been so obvious to me than when I drive through Springbank Park just down the road from my house!

The park is a couple of hundred acres that  meanders along the river between my house and downtown London and is home to all sorts of wildlife including wild turkeys, foxes, racoons, skunks, squirrels, gophers, hedge hogs, geese, ducks, coyotes,  chipmunks, deer, moose and even the occasional lynx or bear that wonders in from the countryside.

Image result for stupid goose clipart
By far the most prevalent animals are Canadian Geese who for some strange reason seem to think they own the park and just plop themselves wherever and whenever they want. (Now I always thought birds were rather smart but these damned geese at first appearance are dumber than a post.)

There might be a whole bunch of them sitting in the middle of one of the roads and when you drive up to them instead of getting out of the way they just sit there and look at you while giving out a half hearted "honk!"

Now I thought they were too stupid to get out of the way until it occurred to me yesterday that it really had nothing to do with the geese, but rather with the people who used the park, because a lot of them would stop for the birds and just sit there in their cars until the birds decided they wanted to go somewhere else. 

So the geese weren't stupid after all kids, they were just misled by a bunch of stupid people into thinking they owned the road!

The way I see it anyway
*******************

No comments: