The left-wing is crazy and the right-wing scares the shit out of me!

Allan's Perspective is NOT recommended for the politically correct, or the overly religious. Some people have opinions. Some people have convictions......... What we offer is PERSPECTIVE!




Saturday 27 January 2018

Saturday Morning Confusion About Political Correctness!

Dear Friends: Wanna know why I don't like political correctness?

Well I'll tell ya why I don't like political correctness!

Your long-suffering writer had his first real taste of political correctness and sexual harassment back in the early nineties when I was briefly working under contract for a business in Sarnia.

First of all, let me set the scene for you so that everything can be put into its proper context, and then I will explain how this whole thing went down.

It was an afternoon like many others and a bunch of us were standing around at the office shooting the breeze when a girl/woman customer joined the discussion since she knew one of the people in the group.

It was a rather playful and animated discussion and I'm not sure exactly how the subject got around to kids but  this woman said: "Boy, I sure would like to have kids someday" to which your jovial writer said: "Well if you need any help with that........, let me know!"

Wrong! (To this very day I still think it was funny!)

This woman worked at a local bank and since it was the beginning of this whole P. C.  thing (the early 90's) she had been indoctrinated into what was and was not socially acceptable in the workplace, and apparently what I said had somehow crossed the line from playful banter into sexual harassment from her point of view.

Needless to say, she went right to the owner of the business and complained that I was being obnoxious (sexually harassing,) so he took me aside and said: "What the hell did you say to her?"

After I told him the gist of my comment, which was: "If you need any help with that, let me know," he rolled his eyes and just said; "Jesus Christ!"

Apologizing to the woman he managed to get her out of there, and then we all spent the rest of the afternoon wondering what her problem was and what the world was coming to!

Unfortunately, we had no idea!!!!!!


No comments: