The left-wing is crazy and the right-wing scares the shit out of me!

Allan's Perspective is NOT recommended for the politically correct, or the overly religious. Some people have opinions. Some people have convictions......... What we offer is PERSPECTIVE!




Sunday 15 March 2009

How to Lock Your Car and Why

I locked my car --- and as I walked away I heard my car door unlock. I went back and locked my car again three times. I looked around and there were two guys sitting in a car in the fire lane next to the store. When I looked straight at them they did not unlock my car again.

How to lock your car safely -
While traveling, my son stopped at a roadside park. He came out to his car less than 4-5 minutes later and found someone had gotten into his car, and stolen his cell phone, laptop computer, GPS navigator briefcase.....you name it...

He called the police and since there were no signs of his car being broken into - the police told him that there is a device that robbers are using now to clone your security code when you lock your doors on your car using your key-chain locking device.

They sit a distance away and watch for their next victim. They know you are going inside of the store, restaurant, or bathroom and have a few minutes to steal and run. The police officer said to manually lock your car door-by hitting the lock button inside the car, that way if there is someone sitting in a parking lot watching for their next victim it will not be you.

When you hit the lock button on your car upon exiting...it does not send the security code, but if you walk away and use the door lock on your key chain - it sends the code through the airwaves where it can be stolen. Something totally new to us...and real.

Be aware of this and please pass this note on...look how many times we all lock our doors with our remote...just to be sure we remembered to lock them....and bingo someone has our code...and whatever was in the car...can be stolen.

Please share with everyone you know... Good information!!!

--------------------------------------------------------

-Allan; According to Snopes:It is theoretically possible for a very determined thief armed with the right technology and the ability to manipulate it correctly to snatch a keycode from the air and use it to enter a vehicle. However, the complexity and length of time involved in that process means your typical crook can't simply grab an RKE code in a parking lot and open up the corresponding car within a minute or two: the would-be thief would need specialized knowledge and equipment and would have to spend hours (if not days) crunching data and replicating a device to produce the correct entry code, then hope he could locate the same vehicle again once all the other steps had been completed.
-
Yellow Tiger (aka Scaredy Cat) *formerlly known as nancy

Dear Yellow Tiger; I suppose you run around telling kids there is no Santa Claus or Easter Bunny as well!
I had a real good story going there and you just come along and ruin it and the worst part is that I can't tell if you're right or wrong.
If it's true then people don't have to worry, but if you're wrong and misleading my readers, then rest assured the "Boys from New York" will becoming around to pay you a visit!
Allan W Janssen

-Allan; Thanks for the article. I will be careful regardless of if it is true or not... I say better safe then sorry
Kimber L.,

-Allan; Well, people were smart and had the equipment to get my replacement credit card out of my mail box, copy the magnetic strip and number, put it back in the mail box for me to activate; and then make another one to use it.... This all came from the security dept. of my credit card bank. They only used it at places where you "swipe" your own card in a reader.I don't put anything past thieves anymore.
John S.


-Allan; My car will not lock from the inside with one door open. This is a measure put in place to make sure you can't lock your keys inside your car. So, if I am standing with my driver door open & I hit the button to lock all of the doors, it locks every door except for the one that's open. I can't manually push it down, either. I have to close the door & then lock it with the keychain, or manually with the key. Which, I imagine if this information is true then locking it with the key would also work.That said, the one & only time my car was broken into? It was locked, & the thieves smashed my window. I was gone from my car only about 15 minutes when this happened.
Cara D.,

-One day coming out of the mall my hubby forgot exactly where we parked the car. He kept hitting our unlock on the key fob and we kept hearing doors unlocking. Your key fob is not necessarily a unique code.
Elizabeth O.

You say you don't know if YellowTiger is right or not, and that he might be misleading your readers. You should just do a quick Google search on "lock your car manually". You'll see that this is nothing more than another "urban legend".
http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/c/carlock.htm
Roadhunter


Allan W Janssen is the author of the book The Plain Truth About God (What the mainstream religions don't want you to know......!) and is available as an E-Book H E R E ! and as a paperback H E R E !

Visit the blog "Perspective" at http://allans-perspective.blogspot.com

No comments: