Some points of Canadian boringness to consider:
- Montreal and Toronto, along with Austin, Seattle, and New York City, are the epicentres of my generation's music -- real music made by real artists/musicians that is.
- Toronto Film Festival is considered one of the best film festivals in the world.
- Vancouver consistently ranks in the world's top 3 most desirable cities to live in.
- Canadian cities are the best examples of successful multiculturalism and integration (ex. ranking highest in interracial marriages) in the world. (*Note -things are still FAR from perfect here, but at least better than anywhere else).
- University of Toronto, University of British Columbia, and McGill University consistently rank in top 20 universities of the world.
- On that note, Canada has the most educated population on earth, and our public education ranks in the world's top 10 for Math and Science, and Language and Arts.
- 7th best country for gender equality.
- Calgary and Ottawa rank 1 and 4 in the world's cleanest cities. The country as a whole ranks as the 5th cleanest.
- Toronto consistently ranks in the top 10 most powerful financial centres in the world.
In conclusion, I am very happy to be a boring Canadian, living in boring old Canada.