The left-wing is crazy and the right-wing scares the shit out of me!

Allan's Perspective is NOT recommended for the politically correct, or the overly religious. Some people have opinions. Some people have convictions......... What we offer is PERSPECTIVE!




Wednesday 20 April 2016

Maybe I should start a list?

Dear Readers:

I had never heard of Curt Shilling before, (maybe that's because I don't watch a lot of sports) but I have to admit that I admire the guy after reading this article about him: (Note, here's another bigot ....., just like me!)
(AP Photo/Michel Perez, File)ESPN baseball analyst Curt Schilling may be in hot water once again after sharing another of his political opinions. Schilling's latest episode involved an anti-transgender meme, which he posted to his Facebook page Monday.
ESPN pulls Schilling for next month after anti-Muslim tweetThe post has since been removed from Schilling's Facebook page but the original screenshot still exists. You can view it here. The meme deals with the controversial public restroom laws, which have been on ballots in state across the country throughout the past year.
Schilling not only shared the post, but also posted a comment on the picture to make his stance on this issue crystal clear. Here's the comment, word-for-word, as posted by Schilling:
"A man is a man no matter what they call themselves. I don't care what they are, who they sleep with, men's room was designed for the penis, women's not so much. Now you need laws telling us differently? Pathetic."
"We are taking this matter very seriously and are in the process of reviewing it," an ESPN spokesman told Big League Stew. Schilling also issued a statement. The 49-year-old posted a blog on his personal website titled "The hunt to be offended..." In the post, Schilling blames the media and others for making a bigger deal out of his comments.
See here’s the thing. I do NOT care what color you are, what race, what sex, who you sleep with, what you wear. I don’t care and I never have. I have opinions, but they’re just that, opinions. And opinions are like buttholes, everyone has one and they usually stink.
You know how I know you ‘offended’ people are full of crap? Because I’m not even close to any of the things you so desperately want me to be, so you can whine.
He continues:
You frauds out there ranting and screaming about my ‘opinions’ (even if it isn’t) and comments are screaming for “tolerance” and “acceptance” while you refuse to do and be either.
YOU’RE the ones making it the issue. I don’t care, if you ask me about any of the topics it’s likely (much to the chagrin of many) I’ll answer with my opinion.
Schilling's rant is fairly long, but the main gist is that, if you're offended by any opinion he has, it's your fault. He doesn't apologize for the post he shared, and reiterates that he has strong opinions, and will give them when asked. 

He also notes near the top of the post that the things he shares on Facebook or Twitter are his own opinions, and have nothing to do with his employer.

This is far from the first time Schilling has been involved in this type of situation. He was suspended and eventually replaced on Sunday Night Baseball after sharing a meme comparing extremist Muslims to Nazis. 

Schilling also tweeted that ISIS won a Democratic debate, and said Hillary Clinton should be "buried under a jail." He has also continued to post political memes on his Facebook page.
Like the guy says folks, these are HIS opinions and anybody that doesn't like them, doesn't have to read them. 

It's time all these politically correct watchdogs stopped being "offended" by this, that, and everything in between and just started minding their own business. -Ed.

http://l3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/gzsmNXJXOHula8CLkXIgnw--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3NfbGVnbztxPTg1/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/Sports/ap/201406251541564849431


No comments: