The left-wing is crazy and the right-wing scares the shit out of me!

Allan's Perspective is NOT recommended for the politically correct, or the overly religious. Some people have opinions. Some people have convictions......... What we offer is PERSPECTIVE!




Sunday 16 October 2016

THE POINT!

To whom it may concern:

Language, thoughts and ideas are such flimsy and tenuous creatures that I sometimes wonder how it is that we humans manage to communicate as well as we do!

I am a regular reader of a blog called "Quora Digest" which asks questions and supplies answers on just about any subject you can think of ....., but by its very nature can also lead to some misunderstandings of purpose and/or intentions.

I ran across an article today that asked the question:  "Is there a fixed point from which the universe originated?"

In giving an answer to this hypothetical query I  had to say that it depended on your point of view ..............., in other words, the answer was YES or NO at the same time! (Any point would be the point of origin since it all came from one spot that was the same spot everywhere since that was all there was in the beginning ...., that one point!)

This brought to mind an old TV cartoon by Nilson called "The Point" which basically said that "you don't have to have a point to have a point!"

THIS WAS MY ANSWER:

Yes, right here! (As well as every other point in the current universe) This confirms the old adage that "You don't have to have a point to have a point!"

The story:

 An animated story of an unusual kingdom in which everything and everybody is pointed - except for a young boy named Oblio (provided by Mike Lookinland, an actor best known as young Bobby Brady on the television series The Brady Bunch). Despite his round head, Oblio has many friends. But an evil count, jealous that Oblio is more popular than his own son, says that without a pointed head, Oblio is an outlaw. Along with his faithful dog Arrow, Oblio is exiled to the Pointless Forest. There, he has many fantastic experiences (including encounters with a 3-headed man, giant bees, a tree in the leaf-selling business, and a good-humored old rock). From his adventures, Oblio learns that it is not at all necessary to be pointed to have a point in life. Music composed and performed by Harry Nilsson ("Me and My Arrow"), who also wrote the story. Ringo Starr narrates. (Original narration by Dustin Hoffman, but it couldn't be copied!)



NOW AT THIS POINT[SIC] I GOT THIS REPLY:

Lucinda Gears: So is your point, in relating a fairy tale, that I should not ask questions when I don’t understand something?


To which I had to reply: No, my point is that you don't have to have a point to have a point! In actual fact the originating point of the universe is everywhere!


Which brought this answer: You certainly have a strange way of making a point. I may be a fool but no one other than me has the right to say or even insinuate it. But Thank You for your prompt answer! I will assume you are a nice person having a bad day.

Which finally brought us around to this: It was just a long drawn out way of drawing an analogy to the original question. No comparisons were meant to apply you personally!

And at that point [sic] I hope she was satisfied and had no longer taken offense.


(Gee, I hope I've made my point!!!!!!!)



No comments: