The left-wing is crazy and the right-wing scares the shit out of me!

Allan's Perspective is NOT recommended for the politically correct, or the overly religious. Some people have opinions. Some people have convictions......... What we offer is PERSPECTIVE!




Tuesday 2 May 2017

Away We Go!

Dear Friends:

Image result for jet airplane clipartWell, we got all the heavy duty stuff out of the way during the last week and now it's time for two weeks of fun and relaxation as me and my mother go out to Vancouver and Victoria to 1. Attend my daughter's wedding: and 2: re-visit some of my old haunts from 45 years ago. (Will there be any left?)

 Thinking ahead, "The Mrs. Herself" suggested we stop at Tim's on the way to the airport and buy a couple of sandwiches, since there is no longer such a thing as a 'free lunch' on the plane! (Or anywhere else for that matter!)

Anyway, it's off to the airport here in London at noon, and then a nice fight to Calgary where we will have dinner before flying on to Victoria.


By the way, the first time I went out to B.C. in 1970 I had a first class ticket on a Jumbo Jet and could enjoy all the free food and booze I wanted ....., which accounts for the fact that I was pretty well hammered by the time we got there!

I still remember flying into Vancouver on a cloudless night with a full moon in the sky and as we circled the airport it seems the city was rotating below us while we remained still! (I think the booze might have had something to do with that, but whatever the case it was almost a religious experience!)

Any way, it's "westward-ho" ladies and gentlemen ..., and watch out B.C.  ;>)


No comments: